Sewing tulle skirt looks very difficult, but is not really rocket science at all. You just need some materials and with the help of our manual you are already there in a few steps. The best part is that the tulle skirts are a leader and you can wear them on almost any occasion – not just for an official meeting, but also in everyday life. Another good news is that it fits perfectly for any size and enchants every look. You do not need to be a model to look stylish and elegant with a tulle skirt. Last but not least carnival knocks on the door and you can use the tulle skirt for a great carnival look.
Sew tulle skirt: step by step
All you need is:
- 5 m tulle
- 3 m lining material (in the same color as the tulle)
- thick and long elastic waistband
- a scissors
- a measuring tape
- sewing machine
- French chalk
- First, you should measure your waist and then divide the result by the number 6.28. The value is the radius of your waist. You should also choose the length of the skirt. We want to use all the material, so our skirt is 84 cm long.
2. Fold the tulle in half and then fix both layers with needles so they will not slip.
3. Mark the measurements of the radius of your waist on the folded edge on top.
4. Swing around the corner to the edge of your material until a semicircle emerges.
5. Repeat the same technique to mark the length of the skirt. When you are ready with the marker, you should get a result as shown.
6. When both layers of fabric are flat, cut along the marked points to get a smooth curve.
7. Also cut the hem of the skirt.
8. The shape of the skirt is already done. Repeat this process with the other tulle layer and with the lining. When you open the fabric, you will get a circle. There will be the Rockbund.
9. Tack both tulle layers and the lining together.
10. With the help of your sewing machine make a sewing stitch along the whole length and 1cm from the edge /
11. Remember to leave a space of 2.5cm between the start and end points.
12. Pull the bobbin thread and the skirt will gather. You can continue to gather to get the right measurement of your hip.
13. Then stretch the tail band and sew a 1cm hem.
14. Turn the skirt over so the lining is facing outward. Tack the elastic at the same distance.
15. At the end, turn the skirt over and the elastic should remain hidden.
Sew tulle skirt for carnival
Sewing a tulle skirt for Sew tulle skirt yourself: for every occasion and in all sizes
The benefits of a tulle skirt are numerous. As already explained, you can easily sew it yourself: easy, fast and cheap. The tulle skirt fits so well and stylishly in everyday life with a leather jacket and T-shirt: you can even taste a matching look with your daughter or sister. And attention! You should not look like a model so you can wear a tulle skirt because it looks perfect in all sizes. Here you can find more nice ideas and suggestions for a look with tulle skirt.