Do you have a small garden and would you like to fill at least a small corner with water? It is possible to find space for a water garden or a larger bowl filled with water everywhere.
It’s beautiful to have a water garden
The choice of dishes for the construction of a mini-water surface is inexhaustible and if the condition water is there to be fulfilled, then everything depends on your imagination. For containers that you want to put on the balcony, you must consider the total weight of the container after filling. The mini-lake is unfortunately not suitable for ornamental fish, because the water heats up quickly in the summer, but the water surface with floating plantlets are certainly attracting insects, water snails, frogs and even small birds in hot summer.
An extremely small garden is enough to set a glass bowl with floating plantlets and you only need one summer, a glazed container, two or three wooden barrels (unloaded with rubber plates), small bowls, some concrete containers, for example a group with a cascade to build.
If you want to have a mini lake in the garden, then you can opt for prefabricated plastic pools that have a long life and are quick and easy to integrate. Their disadvantage is the limited choice of shapes, sizes, division and the certain rigidity of the plastics.
The plastic ponds sometimes offer limited options, but are also beautiful
The second option is to build a pond liner that better meets the requirement of segmentation, but it is characterized by a shorter life than the prefabricated and places higher demands on construction sites.
The pond liner gives many options
When building a small water garden you need to follow a few guidelines:
1. Ponds should have at least one second deep or door zone so that you can have suitable conditions for growing plants and biodiversity.
2. The lake must be laid away from deciduous trees and shrubs because their leaves would pollute your small water garden.
3. It is best to build the water garden in partial shade. If the garden is full of sun, then the floating plants must cover about 1/3 of the water surface, which offers plenty of shade. Equally suitable is the planting around the pond (in the case of a mini-pond also potted plants), if you dream of more shade.
4. It is a great care to work around the edge of the pond is required. Then think of the little creatures that come thirsty into your water garden so as not to drown in it.
5. The well as a striking water feature can either be self-contained or placed over the small garden pond. However, it does not have to grow where most aquatic plants grow because they need more stagnant water. You can buy different kinds of wells, some of them you can mount on the wall yourself.
6. The aquatic plants on the bottom of the pond must be put in a special cart with soil. The soil is then filled with pebbles, which prevents its leaching. In any pond, you do not have to miss the oxidizing plants, remove the nutrients and clean the water. For this purpose, the needle sorrel (Eleocharis acicularis), the common bog (E. palustris) and the submerged the racial hornbill (Ceratophyllum demersum) and the curly spawn (Potamogeton crispus) are often planted.
7. Floating plants are needed for the water surface to provide more shade, for example – the dwarf water lily (Nymphaea tetragona) is very popular here.
8. The natural border of the garden pond complete the plants that grow out of the water. Unify the water surface in the surrounding gardens with hydrophilic plants that are planted in the bank.
9. Do not forget to place a small table next to the little pond to relax with a glass of fresh homemade lemonade and to recover from the stale day.
Check out a few tips on how to decorate your garden pond and make it the center of your garden! On our site you will find many useful tips for