DIY unicorn costume for a little dog
Cutting and sewing template
The necessary materials:
- 1 m of fabric in white
- ½ m iridescent fabric
- Pipe cleaner in different colors
- Thread in different colors and needle or sewing machine
- tape measure
- Cotton wool or cotton
- velcro fastener
Step 1: Make the template for the unicorn costume and then sew.
First measure the head and length of the body (from neck to tail) from the dog. Take a piece of paper and draw the same shapes as shown in the photo. It would be easier if you fold the sheet in the middle, so you will get identical pages when cutting. Before cutting off the fabric according to the template, check that the template suits the dog.
For the hood:
- Draw a semicircular shape on the white cloth according to the size of the original.
- You need 2 semicircular pieces that you sew together to make the hood.
For the torso:
- Tear over the original # 2 on the white cloth.
- Cut the shape twice.
- Sew the torso and the hood together.
- You should have two pieces for the unicorn costume to have two sides.
Step 2: Set accents
To give the white cloak a unicorn-like look, you need the following elements:
- and closure
- Measure the length from the hood to the middle of the cape.
- Cut two rectangles from the iridescent fabric according to the measured length and width of 5 cm.
- Sew the two rectangles together.
- Fringe with scissors along the length.
- Sew the mane and the cloak together.
- Cut a triangle out of the iridescent fabric and sew the long sides together.
- Fill the horn with the cotton wool.
- Sew on the open end.
- Wrap thicker threads around the horn, like a spiral.
- Sew the horn to the cape.
- Cut 4 semicircular pieces from the white fabric and sew in pairs to make the ears.
- Cut 2 smaller semicircular pieces from the iridescent fabric and glue them on the ears.
- Sew it on the hood.
- Make a small opening for the tail.
- Combine different colored pipe cleaners in the bundle and put them in.
- Sew the opening and the bundle together.
- Cut 8 rectangles from the iridescent fabric.
- Sew them together.
- Glue the velcro strips on the rectangles.
- Sew them to the costume.
Now dress up your four-legged friend as a unicorn!
DIY jumpsuit animals for Halloween
“Step by step” Instructions for a unicorn costume for a dog
Step 9: Closure
A costume colorful and funny for animals
Make unicorn costume for animals yourself
Unicorn kids costume for four-legged friends
Make the necessary materials for a unicorn costume yourself
Instructions for an animal costume for Halloween
Conclusion: The unicorn motif is very popular nowadays. Together with pineapple, watermelon, Gallery: